These services are not run by the practice but are available to registered patients of Combe down Surgery.
The South Team Community Midwives are based at the Princess Anne Wing and visit the surgery regularly. You can leave a message for the midwives on 01225 825973.
How to contact us
Routine messages can be left on our answer phone which is checked daily (835923), for more urgent requests we can be contacted via St Martins Hospital switchboard on 01225 832383 who will be happy to pass on any messages or referrals.
Services we offer
District Nurses provide evidence based, skilled nursing care to housebound and terminally ill patients, including:
- Complex assessment of health needs
- Palliative care
- Acute and chronic disease management
- Administration of treatment using specialized nursing equipment
- Promotion and maintenance of health independence
- Education and support to patients, carers and colleagues
We are unable to make precise appointment times, as our daily work and travelling time is quite variable. We do not provide an emergency service.
Other People who may also be able to help you at home:
- Social Services provide basic social care. If you need help with personal hygiene, bathing, meals, housework, shopping, day care, respite, getting up, going to bed or toileting, then they may be able to help you – Tel: 01225 477000.
- Voluntary agencies have expertise to advise and help you complete benefit for:
- Citizens Advice Bureaux Tel: 01225 463333
- Swan Welfare Rights Advice Tel: 01761 437176
- Community Pharmacist – If you require delivery of a prescription or need a dosette box filling then please contact your Chemist.
We are happy to offer advice, and if we are unable to provide a particular service, we can usually point you in the right direction.
Our Health Visitors are all qualified nurses with special training and experience in Child Health and Health Promotion and Education. They offer practical support and advice in diverse situations.
Many people think that Health Visitors only visit new babies and their families at home, this is not the complete picture.
Health Visitors aim to promote the health of the whole community. Our aim is to help you lead as healthy a life as possible, both physically and mentally.
They work in partnership with Sure Start Children Centres to provide support to families in the local community. The health visitors can be contacted on 01225 831844.
Please make an appointment to see your GP if you are having problems with your mood.
Alternatively you can self-refer to the local counselling services without a GP consultation:
- Tel: 01225 675150
- Opening times: Monday – 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Tuesday to Friday – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm