Long Term Conditions Annual Health Reviews
We invite all patients who live with a long term medical condition to attend for a full annual review.
The aim is to provide a more holistic approach to managing these conditions rather than
reviewing them individually. Long terms conditions include:
- High blood pressure (also known as hypertension)
- COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, previously called emphysema or bronchitis)
- CKD (Chronic kidney disease)
- Mental Health conditions such as dementia, schizophrenia or bipolar disorder
- Ischaemic heart disease (angina or heart attack)
- Stroke or TIA (mini-stroke)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Thyroid disease (over or underactive thyroid)
- Atrial Fibrillation (a type of irregular heartbeat)
We plan for these reviews to happen during your birthday month. This makes it straightforward for the practice to arrange to invite you for the review, and hopefully makes it easier for you to remember when the review is due. This should also reduce the number of visits to the surgery for people with more than one long term condition.
What will happen?
Please book an appointment within your birthday month stating it is for your long term condition annual review. If you forget, the practice will remind you with a text message if they have an up to date number for you, or you will receive a letter.