Thank you to everyone who is supporting the Practice. We appreciate all the good wishes we’re receiving.
We thought it would be helpful to answer some of the most frequent questions we’re getting:
- We’re unable to grant prescriptions early at the moment, or provide extra just in case. The pharmacies are struggling and we don’t want to create supply problems. Please help us by submitting your requests on time, rather than early. We will not be able to process them before the due date. If you have any medication worries, give us a call and we’ll do our best to help.
- If you need to provide your employer with evidence that you are isolating, visit https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/ At the moment, the government and NHS England have instructed GP practices not to provide fit notes for isolation.
- There is a lot of worry about whether people should self isolate and for how long. We’re not able to advise you individually but the guidance we recommend and follow is found at www.nhs.uk
- Please think twice before stepping foot in the surgery. We are trying to reduce footfall to protect you and our staff. Please access our services online if at all possible. Sign up for DoctorLink or the NHS App. Both are really helpful for accessing advice or organising your prescriptions.
- Please be understanding if we have to cancel your routine appointment. We are doing our best to focus on essential services and any decisions to cancel are taken in light of advice from Public Health England and NHS England.
- Please don’t shout at our staff when they can’t help you with the things above. We are doing our best to ensure you get the care you need.
Once again, a heartfelt thank you for helping us to help you. From all the staff at Combe Down Surgery.