We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Virtual Patient Reference group to share ideas on how services could be changed or improved and to get involved with making those changes. It will mainly be run by email but we will also be offering the service to patients when they attend the surgery.
Patient Participation and Reference Group Questions
- What is a Virtual Patient Participation Group? - This is a group of patients who have agreed to be contacted by email occasionally to help the practice ensure it meets the needs of its patients and identify areas for improvement.
- Is this the same as the ‘Friends of the Surgery’? - No. The Friends are a charitable organisation who raise money to help support the surgery patient transport and purchase equipment. The Patient Reference Group is set up to help provide ideas on how or services could be changed or improved.
- Will my Doctor see this information? - No we will only contact you to ask questions about the practice, how well we are doing and ensure that changes made are patient focused. If your doctor is responsible for making some of the changes they might see general feedback from patients but this will be anonymised.
- How often will you contact me? - only once or twice per year.
- What if I no longer wish to be on the group or leave the practice? - We will ask you to let us know by email if you do not wish to receive further messages.
- Who else will be able to access my contact details? - No one outside of the practice.
- Who do I contact if I have further questions? - Please contact Emma Fletcher, Practice Manager
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.